Monday, August 29, 2011

Catch Up

In the past couple of weeks, I have had one cold, one visit from the mother-out-law and husband, a great deal of work that I didn't get to, preparation for a hurricane that turned into a tropical storm.

In my own little world the tropical storm feels like a blessing.  I cleaned the house the day before, and on the day of I felt justified in doing nothing but sitting in my rocking chair knitting, and reading and listening to audio books. I could have put down work count on my thesis. Instead I put inches on the mother-out-law scarf.  I have three balls of Hempathy left. Some of which is still in an abandoned basket weave scarf. When I run out of yarn I will call the thing complete. The amount I have left may not get me through all of the repeats, but I think it will get me to a decent 5 feet plus a couple of inches.

Meanwhile, I have plans for the next million projects. I've cast on and knit on a pattern, I'm calling the Dandy socks.  They  will be knit in a silk and wool blend, patterned with checks.

Then on to the Ann Budd's patterns in Sock Knitting Master Class. I bought a skein of Traveler from Sanguine Gryphon for this project.  After that, the Harry Potter Crafters Weasley Blanket Knit Along Squares, as a project to learn double knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment